Context Of Organization
Understanding the Organization and its Context
Evaluating the organization’s external context may include,
- Social and cultural, political, legal, regulatory, financial, technological, economic, natural and competitive environment whether international, national, regional or local
- Key drivers and trends having an impact on the objectives of the organization
- Relationship with, and perceptions and values of, external stake holders
Evaluating the organization’s internal context will include,
- Governance, organizational structure, roles and accountabilities
- Policies, objectives and the strategies that are in place to achieve them.
- Information systems, information flows and decision making processes (both formal and informal)
- Relationship with, and perception and values of, internal stakeholders
- The organization’s culture
- Standards, guidelines and models adopted by the organization
- The form and extent of contractual relationship and
- Identifying key interfaces between systems, potential conflicts that may arise and a process for resolving them.
Understanding the needs and Expectations of Interested Parties
Some of the internal and external interested parties are listed below are considered for understanding the needs and expectations.
Citizens Organization Media Customers Management Neighbors Insurers Top Management Emergency Services Government Those accountable for IMS Policy and its implementation Transport services Regulators Those who Implement, maintain IMS and Risk Dependents of staff Stake Holders Other Staff and Contractors –
- Customer satisfaction Surveys
- Evaluation of compliance
The identification of legal and other requirements for HSE is done initially during identification and evaluation of aspects & impacts, OH&S hazards.
The subsequent applicable amendments to applicable legal and other requirements are sourced from internal resources, internet, and parent company and from IMS consultants.
NPSC has systems in place to communicate personnel working under the control of our organization along with interested parties on the legal and other requirements applicable to NPSC (NPSC-QHSE-P10).